Posts48,887
Members1,959
Most Online1,455
May 4th, 2017
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Saltwater Reports
Yesterday at 12:30 PM
Fort Lauderdale Fishing with Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat and Capt. Zsak

David Williams, along with his family, all from Michigan chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team for a private deep sea charter boat sport fishing trip in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As they boarded the boat, they were greeted by Captain Zsak and mate, Dave, from the Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat Team.

Fifteen to twenty minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore. If you venture off another ¼ of a mile, you would find yourself in 500 ft. of water, which we exclusively have here in Fort Lauderdale, due to Fort Lauderdale’s extreme drop off. The further north you go, the further the drop off swings off shore.

We starting the fishing trip by catching live bait fish called Blue Runners at the sea buoy north of Fort Lauderdale. We used small buck tail jigs, and working up the current of the buoy with a chum bag, we caught a dozen Blue Runners. Next, we put out two deep planner lines and four surface lines and started working the reef. I made my way up and down the drop off from north to south of Fort Lauderdale, and the anglers started catching Kingfish and Bonitas. I worked the area fishing up and down and back and forth over the productive area that was producing fish.

We got close to a deep water wreck, and decided to try for a deep water monster. We hooked up the live bait on a circle hook with a couple of pound leads and made a drop on the wreck in285 ft. of water. The first drop we did not get a bite. We made a move, and I located a group of fish hanging on the deeper side of the wreck. I dropped a second time, and as soon as the bait hit the bottom in 200 feet of water, we were hooked up. We got this fish up to the surface, and caught a large Amberjack approximately 35-40 lbs. Now, a second time we sent a live bait down to the wreck and hooked up with another big Amberjack.

I then decided to kite fish with live bait over a shallower wreck in 155 ft. of water. Everything looked right with the current – the live bait swam around the wreck, and we had lots of activity, but we never got a bite using the kites. On the way home, we trolled and caught another couple of Kingfish to end our trip.

With a total of 2 Amberjacks, 6 Kingfish and 3 Bonitas, it was time to head back to the dock. The happy anglers retired into the a/c salon watching the plasma TV and enjoying the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net Website: www.topshotfishing.com.
[Linked Image]
0 10 Read More
Inshore Fishing
05/22/19 06:13 PM
Plan B in Shell Beach. Yesterday I had Reggie and Pat Hayes on the Blazer Bay. We left Campo’s with intentions of chasing Trout in the Sound. As we headed out the winds were picking up so we had to stop short on the edge. The guys managed to put some trout on ice, but it was tough in the dirty water. Time for plan B. Turned around and headed into the marsh and it was good move. Fishing with Campo’s live shrimp under a 4-Horsemen cork the guys had a blast limiting out on Reds in short order.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with KastKing line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

The Speckled Trout bite has been good in the outer bays, and the Redfish are eating up in the marsh. Book your summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com
@CaptRoryRorison
Instagram capt._rory_rorison

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
0 11 Read More
Inshore Fishing
05/22/19 02:47 PM
Saturday in Shell Beach I took out Don, David, and Mark. They were in town from different parts of the country on business and wanted to get out on the water. Since the wind was blowing first thing in the morning we stayed in the marsh focusing on Redfish or whatever else bit. You name it, if it swims in the marsh, they caught it. They had a great time catching a variety of fish, releasing most all except for a few of the tastiest I took to the house.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Trout bite has been good in the outer bays, and the Redfish are eating up in the marsh. Book your summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com
@CaptRoryRorison

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
0 5 Read More
Off Topic
05/22/19 11:33 AM
Hey guys,
Navionics will be hosting a free webinar tonight at 7:00pm CST over the topic of "Finding Bass in the Grass". Below is a link to sign up on if anyone is interested.

Navionics Webinar: Finding Bass in the Grass

Webinar ID
933-471-795
0 10 Read More
Bass Fishing
05/22/19 10:44 AM
Hey guys,
Navionics will be hosting a free webinar tonight at 7:00pm CST over the topic of "Finding Bass in the Grass". Below is a link to sign up on if anyone is interested.

Navionics Webinar: Finding Bass in the Grass

Webinar ID
933-471-795
0 13 Read More
Offshore Fishing
05/19/19 12:53 PM

Wayne Hayward and his wife, Chris, and Mr. & Mrs. Hensky chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team for a private deep sea charter boat sport fishing trip in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As they boarded the boat, they were greeted by Captain JB and mate, Russ, from the Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat Team.

Fifteen to twenty minutes after leaving the dock, lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, 1.8 miles from shore. If you venture off another ¼ of a mile, you would find yourself in 500 ft. of water, which we exclusively have here in Fort Lauderdale, due to Fort Lauderdale’s extreme drop off. The further north you go, the further the drop off swings off shore.

We started trolling the reef with two plainers down, one with a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon and the other with a chartreuse sea witch in front of a double hooked Bonita strip, traveling north of Fort Lauderdale on the drop off. Our action started right from the start, as I trolled over some of our 34 artificial wrecks we have here in Fort Lauderdale. The bait fish was plentiful and the Kingfish were very cooperative. All four anglers took turns reeling in their catches. The Kingfish ranged from 6 to 10 lbs., as we limited out with 8 Kingfish.

From there we decided to do some Shark fishing. I headed out to 350 ft. of water and set out our Shark baits. It did not take too long before the line screamed off of the 80 International Reel. Wayne was our angler, and after a good, long fight, our mate wired the 93” Hammerhead Shark to the side of the boat for picture taking. The Shark was released to fight again.

It was time to head back to the dock. The happy anglers retired into the a/c salon watching the plasma TV and enjoying the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net Website: www.topshotfishing.com.

[Linked Image]
0 20 Read More
Inshore Fishing
05/18/19 11:14 PM
Friday grind in Shell Beach. My guests for the day were Keith, Matt, and Jimmy. Things started out a little tough. First my bait well was not working, and after getting that going getting bait was an issue. Now with a delayed start, but with bait we ran straight out to the Sound in pretty conditions only to find boat all over everywhere I wanted to stop. After settling at a rig we caught plenty big Spanish Mackerel and Bull Reds. We then bounced around a few other wells picking up 10 good trout. With the wind picking up we changed gears and headed into the marsh for reds. There we found constant action and the guys put a nice box of fish together.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Trout bite has been good in the outer bays, and the Redfish are eating up in the marsh . Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
http://www.unitedcharters.com
@CaptRoryRorison

[Linked Image]
0 18 Read More
Open Saltwater Discussion
05/17/19 12:44 PM
Early summer fishing patterns have arrived here at East Central Florida in the Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon backcountry now as of May 2019, water temperatures have risen into the upper 70’s F, more numbers of bait fish schools arriving, game fish becoming more widespread and less concentrated as normal for summer, more variety of species being caught on my trips as the subtropical warmer water types moving back north for the rest of the year after their wintering down south. These fun rod bending inshore game fish include Jack Crevalle and Ladyfish which join our local residential fish like Spotted Seatrout, Black Drum, Mangrove Snapper, Whiting and also a few Redfish and Snook make my mixed bag variety trips interesting with all the different species. Recent trip with repeat clients from Indianapolis included lots of the usual fish, Candy had the best one a nice Black Drum……………….

[Linked Image]

More repeat clients from Buffalo, NY who were here on their annual New Smyrna Beach vacation, out with me again had a fun trip, young John caught a nice Seatrout……………..

[Linked Image]

Black Drum continue to be a staple species here in the backcountry waters frequenting deeper holes and small channel bottoms eating shrimp and crabs, I encourage Catch Photo Release on Drum both Red and Black to help support our pressured fishery and keep these fun fish around for years to come, John from Michigan with a nice Drum from another recent trip……….

[Linked Image]

Stephanie from Indiana caught a good Blacky out a deep hole up tight to a Mangrove shoreline………………

[Linked Image]

Young Sophie with a nice little Seatrout one of the many species caught along with her family out with me on a fun trip………………..

[Linked Image]

Jack Crevalle are regular catches on my back waters trips, they are very hard pulling, always a good battle on light tackle, these are juvenile Crevalles of 1 to 5 lbs. which live in the backcountry estuary the first couple years of their life before heading out to sea as they grow up, Matthew with a fun size Jack…………….

[Linked Image]

Fun Friendly Light Tackle Fishing Adventures
Closest Saltwater Fishing to Orlando at New Smyrna Beach
Calm Water Indian River Backcountry
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com/orlando-fishing-guide

Capt. Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com/orlando-fishing-guide
0 19 Read More
Inshore Fishing
05/15/19 11:40 PM
Nonstop reds in Shell Beach today. Today I had Forrest Fife, and his friend Joe on the Blazer Bay. It was nice and calm this morning as we pulled out of Campo’s. I had thoughts of big Sound trout dancing in my head, but my guys wanted to go chase reds in the marsh instead. Fine with me, because it is all about what my client wants to do. Turned out to be a good move, as the winds picked up throughout the morning, and the redfish ate up. We easily got our limits and caught and released at least 100 more. Toss in a few drum, a bass, a white bass, and 12 trout and it made for a very nice box of fish and a fun time.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Spring is here and the fishing is heating up. Trout are starting to bit really well and the Bull Red and Sheepshead action at the rigs is flat out crazy. Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com
@CaptRoryRorison

[Linked Image]
0 14 Read More
Offshore Fishing
05/15/19 11:48 AM

Travis Carey, Noah Carey and Elisah Carey chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team for a private deep sea charter boat sport fishing trip in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As they boarded the boat, they were greeted by Captain Zsak and mate, David, from the Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat Team. We had nice weather with temperatures in the low 80s with a low chop.

We started trolling the reef in 100 feet of water. We headed south of Fort Lauderdale along the reef, and as soon as we got the first two lines in the water, we were hooked up with a double header. It's a great way to start fishing with two fish on before you even get all your lines in the water. We ended up catching Atlantics about 10 pounds each, which are good eating fish. The two deep lines were sea witches with Ballyhoos and strip surface baits. I was trolling over wreck structures and the shallow drop off, getting bites on all the baits. The first Bonita came in on the deep line. The next couple of fish were on the surface lines.

I continued trolling the area working from deeper waters to shallower waters picking up more Bonitas and Kingfish. Travis, Noah and Elisah all took turns on the rods catching fish, which lasted throughout the entire fishing trip.

With 6 Bonitas, 3 Kingfish and 2 Atlantics, it was time to head back to the dock. The happy anglers retired into the a/c salon watching the plasma TV and enjoying the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. David fillet out the fish for dinner that night.

[Linked Image]
0 15 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds
05/12/19 02:26 PM
56 55,547 Read More
Offshore Fishing
05/10/19 12:57 PM

James and Coleen Novara along with their son, Ryan, chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team for a private deep sea charter boat sport fishing trip in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As they boarded the boat, they were greeted by Captain Zsak and mate, Russ, from the Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat Team.

We started trolling using two deep lines with bait strips and 3 surface lines with Ballyhoo. We trolled from 100 feet of water out to 300 feet of water heading to the south of Fort Lauderdale fishing up the current edge and back over the reef looking for birds and baitfish. We got our first bite in 130 ft. of water which was a 10 lb Bonita. We kept on trolling and caught a few 10 lb Kingfish. The next fish we caught was a Bonita. We were trolling over wrecks and rock piles along the reef line with the best area to fish in 150 ft. of water.

We next decided to live bait fish, which is a very effective method to target all species. We put up two kites with 4 live baits and one Shark line. The boat was drifting with the north current outside the reef edge. The Shark line started screaming out, and we had a big one on. Ryan started angling this fish, and we had him on for 30 minutes. After a great fight, Ryan got this 7 foot Bull Shark up to the boat. Russ wired it, pictures were taken and the Bull Shark was released.

I positioned the boat back on the edge and into the right depth and went back to kite fishing with the 4 live baits. It did not take long before we had a Sailfish show up to the short kite bait. The Sailfish swam around the bait, fed, and we were hooked up to the Sailfish. This Sailfish made 180 degree jumps showing its magnificent colors. James was the angler, and he got the Sailfish to the side of the boat; pictures were taken and the Sailfish was released.

We set up again, and had a second and third Sailfish feeding on our baits. This time Colleen was the angler, and she reeled in each of the Sailfish. We went back to kite fishing, and we had a big explosion on the long bait. After a long and hard fight, up popped a 25 pound Black Fin Tuna. Russ reached down and gaffed the Tuna and put it into the fish box. We went back to the current edge drifting north of Fort Lauderdale with the full spread of kites. This time our rigger line came ripping out of the release clip, and we had a nice Mahi Mahi on. This fish jumped and put on a good show right until the first mate gaffed it and put him into the fish box.

With 1 Bull Shark, 3 Sailfish, 1 big Tuna, 1 Mahi and a few Bonitas and Kingfish, it was time to head back to the dock. The happy anglers retired into the a/c salon watching the [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 25 Read More
Inshore Fishing
05/10/19 12:06 AM
Had to work for them Wednesday in Shell Beach. I helped Capt. Ed out with a group from Florida. The rat reds were thick with the keepers playing tough to get, but we fished on through it to fill the cleaning table. A fun time for everyone, but the fish.

I have some openings next week for anyone looking for a last minute trip.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Spring is here and the fishing is heating up. Trout are starting to bit really well and the Bull Red and Sheepshead action at the rigs is flat out crazy. Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com
@CaptRoryRorison

[Linked Image]
0 23 Read More
Off Topic
05/09/19 10:37 PM
I hear Capt was seen on a new Harley ....... well almost .
5,400 20,063,692 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds
05/09/19 11:33 AM
Sam Rayburn Lake House for Sale-Rayburn Country
** For Sale by Owner**
• 3 bedroom, 2 bath
• 3 lots
• Newly Renovated Fall of 2017
• Real Hardwood floors
• Granite Countertops
• Stainless Appliances
• 2 bedrooms/1 bath downstairs
• Master bedroom/bathroom upstairs(king bed)
• Cathedral ceilings in living room/kitchen
• 2 downstairs room have heavy duty built in full size bunk beds(6 beds total)
• Fully furnished (all new furniture Fall 2017, tvs, beds etc all included, move in ready)
• 10’ wide deck on 2 sides of house
• 30’x 30’ deck off back of house overlooking creek
• 30’ x 30’ deck on ground level
• 150’ of brand new bulkhead to widen driveway to 50’
• (2) 8’ x 8’ newly built playhouse on side lot
• 10’ x 30’ wash room/storage room on bottom level(not counted in sq footage)
• Approx. 1000’ sq ft living area
• Approx. 200 yards from Rayburn Country Swimming Pool & Country Club
• $140k firm
**More Pics upon request
PM or text (409) 988-8063
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 19 Read More
News & Announcements
05/07/19 03:40 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Jig for Every Season

Major League Fishing Tour angler David Walker opens his secret jig box

“I don’t think anyone knew how picky I was going to be when we got into designing these high-level bass jigs,” says veteran bass pro David Walker, with a friendly laugh. For the self-admitted jig-fishing junkie, the opportunity to brainstorm, build and customize an A-to-Z line of jigs felt like assembling a dream team of bass-catching baits.

“A jig is the definitive fishing tool,” says Walker, who credits a skirted jig for the majority of his $1.9-million tournament winnings. “A jig isn’t a regional nor a seasonal bait, like so many others in your box. There’s not a body of water in which a skirted jig won’t catch bass. So, to finally have access to a year-around line-up of jigs—built to my own persnickety standards—that’s pretty cool.”

Recently, the easygoing Tennessee based angler unveiled the contents of his tournament jig box.

[Linked Image]
Ace jig man David Walker flips where others fear.

FLIPPING JIGS

Walker’s pick: “My all-time go-to is a black/blue CrossEyeZ™Flipping Jig with a Z-Man BatwingZ™ trailer. I’ve made most of my money on a heavier 5/8-ounce jig, but I flip a ½-ouncer more often, as it’s a little more versatile.”

Where & when it shines: “Any time I’ve got any heavy cover at all—brush, grass, trees, docks—I’ll flip a jig in there. A jig is the best tool ever for reaching and appealing to big bass in dense cover. It’s an obvious choice in spring, but I fish this jig summer and fall, too—anytime bass are hunkered down in heavy cover.”

Jig tech: “One key to the CrossEyeZ Flipping Jig is its head design, which slides it cleanly through cover, every time, without getting stuck. Most flipping jigs have weight-forward heads that hang-up on limbs and obstructions. The head on the CrossEyeZ is slightly flattened and tapered back so it slips right on through. Another sweet detail is the jig’s hand-tied skirt, pinned permanently in place with copper wire. The skirt lasts as long as the jig itself; you’ll never pull it out of your box with a broken rubber band and a pile of silicone strands.

Trailer talk: “Buoyant ElaZtech is an awesome trailer material and the BatwingZ is so tough you can hook it once right through the body, just like we did with old-school pork-rind. Love the flattened, oversized claws that flap and wave actively. At rest, the claws float up, mimicking the defensive posture of a live crawfish.”

The scoop: An ace shallow water angler, Walker flipped his way to a hefty 32-pound bag of bass at the 2019 Major League Fishing (MLF) Tour stage at Lake Jordan, NC, finishing atop the leaderboard during the Shotgun Round. Flipping jigs proved a dominant pattern a few weeks later, too, when Walker fished the willow bushes at Chickamauga Lake, TN.

[Linked Image]

FOOTBALL JIGS

Walker’s pick: “For heavyweight, ball-and-chain style fishing—casting and dragging— give me a ¾-ounce CrossEyeZ™ Football Jig with a 4-inch Turbo CrawZ all day long. Two hot colors are “Smoked It” and “Plumkin,” green pumpkin with a splash of bright purple.

Where and when it shines: “I start fishing the football early in prespawn when bass are still in slightly deeper, winter type areas. During prespawn, I’ll go back to this killer combo, rolling the jig up and over ledges, points and gravel, often on offshore structure.”

Jig tech: “The CrossEyeZ Football Jig is designed to pivot and roll as it slides across the substrate. I like the heavier ¾-ounce size for longer casts and solid bottom contact. The money presentation is a sideways pull of the rod; you don’t want to lift the jig. Just drag it along and let the pivoting jighead and long shank 5/0 hook activate the skirt and trailer.

Trailer talk: “The Turbo CrawZ™ is a high-action crawfish bait that couples really nice with a football jig. The smallest rocking motion of the jig really get the claws waving and vibrating. The toughness of the ElaZtech material means you can often fish one bait all day long.”

[Linked Image]
Walker designed the CrossEyeZ Swim Jig with a special keeper that locks ElaZtech trailers tight.

SWIM JIGS

Walker’s pick: “I’ll take a 3/8-ounce CrossEyeZ™ Snakehead Swim Jig in the color they call “Shad Spawn.” Pair it with a Turbo CrawZ or DieZel MinnowZ™.”

Where and when it shines: “My favorite place to throw the Snakehead Swim Jig is around docks in marinas. You can skip this jig way up under docks, and it won’t hang up on cables, pilings or obstructions like other baits. The late spring shad spawn is a key time to fish this pattern, whether it’s around docks or shallow grass. I love fishing this jig because it’s often a shallow, visual thing, where you’re seeing bass before casting to them.”

Jig tech: “We shaped this jig to mimic a snake’s head—the most adept animal at slithering silently through forests of cover. The jighead is animal-like, not geometric. Also has a flattened underside that helps the jig plane up on the retrieve, so you can use heavier weights for longer casts. On 30-or 40-pound braid, I can throw or skip a 3/8-ouncer a long way.”

Trailer talk: “You want a trailer with a high-action tail that does all the work. The DieZel MinnowZ is an awesome shad imitator. The Turbo CrawZ gives me just a bit more movement in dirtier water. As they say, I like any color so long as its white.”

[Linked Image]

FINESSE JIGS

Walker’s pick: “In certain situations, a 3/8-ounce CrossEyeZ Power Finesse Jig and TRD CrawZ combo is a great substitute for a bigger flipping jig. Z-Man’s “Pond Scum” pattern is one that’s gotten me a lot of bites.”

Where and when it shines: “Anytime I’m flipping in really clear water, the Power Finesse Jig can be the way to go. In clear water, fish get a great look at what you’re throwing and really respond to those artsy-style colors—combinations of dark and bright silicone, together. I also throw the finesse jig in winter, particularly along steep bluff banks. Cast right against the bank, and work down into 6, 8 and even 15 feet. Let the finesse jig freefall off rock ledges, but otherwise keep it on the bottom.”

Jig tech: “The Power Finesse Jig has a golf-ball shaped head and a compact profile that appeals to less aggressive or pressured bass, or fish that might be overwhelmed by a big flipping jig in clear water. The jig has a short-shank 2/0 flippin’ hook. It’s not a light wire hook, so you can still pitch it into cover knowing it won’t open up on you. Like the other CrossEyeZ jigs, this one’s got hand-tied skirts and a lock-tight trailer keeper.”

Trailer talk: “The little 2-1/2-inch TRD CrawZ™ is known as a Ned Rig bait, but it’s a perfect match for the Power Finesse Jig. Colors like Mudbug pair up well with that Pond Scum-pattern jig. The CrawZ has super buoyant pinchers that flap back and forth as you retrieve the jig, and then wave up of the bottom when you pause. Bass eat this thing like crazy.”

[Linked Image]

About Z-Man Fishing Products: Z-Man products
0 28 Read More
Saltwater Reports
05/07/19 12:42 PM

Emily Bernard, and her son, Lyle, along with Chris Lyon, chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team for a private deep sea charter boat sport fishing trip in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As they boarded the boat, they were greeted by Captain Zsak and mate, Dave, from the Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat Team.

We started the fishing trip trolling the reef in 100 ft. of water south of Fort Lauderdale. As soon as we got the lines in the water, we hooked up with a Bonita. Our anglers were Lyle and Chris, and they took turns catching the Bonita one after another. We had very steady action for the first two hours of the charter. As soon as I found the school of fish, we worked offshore and inshore off of Fort Lauderdale keeping on top of the fish. Still trolling, we came across some Kingfish - they were feeding on the pink sea witch with a double hooked Bonita strip on the deep planner rod. I kept working the reef since the boys wanted to try for something big with teeth.

I next decided to set out two kites with a few live baits and one dead bait with one bait on the bottom. The kites were flying well, and the wind was blowing 12 mph with a light chop. A Mahi Mahi came up and started to eat the long bait - we were hooked up. We fought the Mahi and the angler got him up to the side of the boat. Dave gaffed the Mahi and put the fish in the box. Shortly after the Mahi Mahi, I saw the Shark line starting to slowly move off. I told the mate to start reeling the line, and by the time the line was tight, the Shark was hooked. He ripped out a bunch of drag, and our angler, Lyle, jumped into the fighting chair. He started reeling in this big Shark and did a great job for a junior angler. After a nice fight, he got this big Golden Hammerhead Shark up along the side of the boat for picture taking and release.

After an awesome day on the water catching 5 Bonitas, 7 Kingfish, 1 Mahi Mahi and 1 Shark, it was time to head back to the dock. The happy anglers retired into the a/c salon watching the plasma TV and enjoying the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. The mate fillet out the Mahi for dinner that night.

[Linked Image]
0 32 Read More
Inshore Fishing
05/05/19 02:21 AM
Shell Beach Specks Friday. I took out the Jim Walther Group of 3 after picking them up at the camp. The winds were calm and the water flat as we headed out to the Sound. At our first stop we got on a fast bite, but all the trout were undersized. We headed deeper out in the Sound looking for a spot that did not have a boat on or two on it as the wind and chop were picking up. We stopped at one rig and got on a steady bite with Campo’s live shrimp 4’ under a 4-Horsemen cork. We had several boats come and go trying to ruin the bite for us, but we stuck it out and ended up with a box full with 83 Trout, 3 Reds, and 3 Pompano. Even caught the surprising toothy critter pictured below.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com
@CaptRoryRorison

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
0 33 Read More
General Equipment Discussion
05/03/19 06:16 PM
Hey guys,
Check out the new feature from Navionics called Sonarchart Shading.. This feature will soon be available on the Platinum+ and Hotmaps Platinum mapping cards either on a new card purchase or with a simple update to your existing card. The feature uses the 1’ high definition depth contours known as the Sonarchart layer, combined with aerial overlay information to shade depth changes to help in locating breaks, drains and channels a lot quicker, making you time on the water a lot more efficient. For more info check out the link below:

Navionics Sonarchart Shading

[Linked Image]
0 40 Read More
Bass Fishing
05/03/19 06:15 PM
Hey guys,
Check out the new feature from Navionics called Sonarchart Shading.. This feature will soon be available on the Platinum+ and Hotmaps Platinum mapping cards either on a new card purchase or with a simple update to your existing card. The feature uses the 1’ high definition depth contours known as the Sonarchart layer, combined with aerial overlay information to shade depth changes to help in locating breaks, drains and channels a lot quicker, making you time on the water a lot more efficient. For more info check out the link below:

Navionics Sonarchart Shading

[Linked Image]
0 34 Read More
Saltwater Reports
05/03/19 12:48 PM

Don and Anna Grinder, along with their son, Jackson, and family member, Mike Mock with his children, Gabe and Sophia, chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team for a private deep sea charter boat sport fishing trip in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As they boarded the boat, they were greeted by Captain Zsak and mate, Russ, from the Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat Team. When Anna was 7 years old, she came out fishing with the Top Shot Sportfishing team and her grandfather, Charles, and the family has been fishing with us ever since – for 42 years. As always, it was a pleasure to see my old friends and to see new members of the family on this trip.

We started trolling with two plainers down, both #8’s, one with a pink and blue sea witch in front of a double hooked Bonita strip and the other with a #2 blue reflector drone spoon. For surface baits, we went with two Ballyhoos and two Bonito strips. I started off by telling the kids that they needed to call out for the fish to come – “here fishy, fishy”. From that moment, Gabe never stopped calling the fish and it worked - the action started. As I trolled from one artificial wreck to the edge of the drop off and back again, there were numerous bait fish (flying fish) in the area so I kept working it while the anglers took turns reeling Bonitos and Kingfish, with the children starting off first.

Right short!! – there he is – as the black shadow made his appearance – Sailfish! – as the bill and dorsal got out of the water swatting at the Ballyhoo – a swing and a miss. Russ dropped the bait back to the Sailfish to entice him. Here he comes again chasing the bait, but the Sailfish missed it again! The mate repeated this over and over until the Sailfish lost interest and swam away. At that point the consensus was that the Sailfish must have
needed glasses. Don, as he has done in the past, was a great help assisting the mate in wiring in the fish – thanks Don.

With a total of 13 Bonitas and 5 Kingfish, it was time to head back to the dock. The happy anglers retired into the a/c salon watching the plasma TV and enjoying the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. The mate fillet out the fish for dinner that night.

[Linked Image]
0 26 Read More
Bass Fishing
05/02/19 10:19 AM
Anyone that may be in the market for a new card be sure to take advantage of not only new features, such as sonarchart shading, but also the Platinum card is on sale for the month of May. Don't miss out!!

[Linked Image]
0 29 Read More
General Equipment Discussion
05/02/19 10:19 AM
Anyone that may be in the market for a new card be sure to take advantage of not only new features, such as sonarchart shading, but also the Platinum card is on sale for the month of May. Don't miss out!!

[Linked Image]
0 14 Read More
Inshore Fishing
05/02/19 12:02 AM
Speckled Monday at The Beach. My guest for the day was Norman Tabor from Boston, Mass. It has been a good while since I have targeted trout, but today conditions were semi favorable so we gave them a shot first. Our first stop started off rather slow. We caught some nice trout, but just too slow of a bite. We made a small move on a reef and found a decent bite. With Norman’s limit in the box I helped out and put some in for me. Next we looked for some reds, finding lots of small ones, but 5 keeper reds and 2 drum joined the trout on ice. Fun day and even better were the trout for dinner.

Capt. Rory Rorison
United Charters
Shell Beach, LA
504-439-1680
rory@unitedcharters.com
www.unitedcharters.com
@CaptRoryRorison

[Linked Image]
0 28 Read More
Saltwater Reports
04/30/19 12:26 PM

Andrew Berry, along with his son, Ben, age 7, and grandpa, Al, all from Philadelphia chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team for a private deep sea charter boat sport fishing trip in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As they boarded the boat, they were greeted by Captain JB and mate, Russ, from the Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat Team.

We started trolling with two plainers down, one with a #8 and the other with a #6 plainer both with sea witches with a double hooked Bonita strip. For surface baits, we went with four Bonito strips. We worked the reef line heading south of Fort Lauderdale in search of bait fish and rip lines. I noticed a couple of birds working towards the east of Ft. Lauderdale. As I got closer to the birds, I could see flying fish being chased. Right long! – as the Mahi Mahi attacked the bait. Ben was our angler. Left long! – another Mahi Mahi, and Andrew was the angler. Ben brought the fish closer to the boat, our mate wired and gaffed a nice Mahi Mahi and placed him in the fish box. Andrew’s fish was 15 feet from the boat, and on his last jump, threw the hook and swam away.

Black shadow on the right long – Sailfish –a swing and a miss with the bill out of the water chasing the bait. Swing and a miss again - this time the Sailfish swam away. As I moved back into the reef line, the planner line tripped. Russ, our mate, reset the planner line quickly. The fish came back, and now we were hooked up. We left the rod in the covering board, while young Ben reeled in a fish almost as big as him – a 53“ Saber Tooth Tiger – a Barracuda. Great job, Ben

It was time to head back to the dock. The happy anglers retired into the a/c salon watching the plasma TV and enjoying the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. The mate fillet out the Mahi for dinner that night.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 19 Read More
Page 1 of 2 1 2
© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide