Forums31
Topics5,502
Posts48,984
Members1,973
Most Online1,455
May 4th, 2017
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Crappie Fishing Jump to new posts
A GUY GAVE ME JIGS that are simply Amazing. Huge Catch!! Asleep At The Reel 12 hours ago
Was fishing last week and a guy (Mickey) gave me some hand tied jigs that he made. WOW is all I can say these things (Black and light blue) were amazing. Caught almost 40 crappie. Could not put them all on video. Hope you like it. One of the best days of fishing I have had in a LONG TIME!

0 12 Read More
Inshore Fishing Jump to new posts
Good Places to Fish Right Now? SaltySpoon Yesterday at 03:52 PM
Hello folks. I am going to be in Baton Rouge and New Orleans today and tomorrow. On saturday, before I make the drive home to Georgia, I want to stop somewhere and fish. I brought both plastics and surf rigs wit me for bait. I know since the opening of Bonnet Carre Spillway, the salinity has plummeted, and I am looking for places with good salinity. Any places around the LA area? I would love to visit Grand Isle, but it is a little far away.

Thanks in advance!
0 9 Read More
News & Announcements Jump to new posts
LOWRANCE ANNOUNCES NEW HOOK REVEAL FISHFINDER/CHARTPLOTTERS LFF Staff 01/22/20 05:55 PM

LOWRANCE ANNOUNCES NEW HOOK REVEAL FISHFINDER/CHARTPLOTTERS

Lowrance®, a world-leader in fishing electronics since 1957, announced today the launch of HOOK Reveal, the latest in the HOOK Series of fishfinder/chartplotters.

The all-new HOOK Reveal makes fishing easier, delivering powerful performance with proven fish-finding tools including, Autotuning Sonar, SideScan and DownScan Imaging™ and now FishReveal™, which makes fish easier to see by combining the benefits of Lowrance CHIRP sonar and DownScan Imaging on one screen. Whether fishing a local spot or unfamiliar water, find the best fishing areas with preloaded US Inland mapping or map uncharted water – in real time – with Genesis Live.

“HOOK Reveal brings a new level of fish-finding performance to the HOOK series. We are confident game-changing features like FishReveal and Genesis Live will help HOOK Reveal anglers have more success on the water.” - Knut Frostad, CEO, Navico

Available in 9-, 7- and 5-inch models, HOOK Reveal includes one of Lowrance’s most popular features, FishReveal and its live-mapping solution, Genesis Live.

Anglers will have an easier time seeing fish with FishReveal, which combines on one screen the proven target separation of Lowrance CHIRP sonar and the high-resolution images of fish-holding structure from DownScan Imaging.

Genesis Live gives anglers the capability to create custom 1⁄2-foot contour maps of their local lake or uncharted water – in real time – on the screen of HOOK Reveal displays. Genesis Live maps can also be created and saved on HOOK Reveal non-mapping GPS plotters by placing a blank microSD card into the card slot.

A simple interface and HOOK exclusive Autotuning sonar make HOOK Reveal easy to use. Anglers will spend more time fishing and less time reworking sonar settings with Autotuning sonar, which delivers the best sonar image every time by automatically adjusting settings as fishing conditions change.

Whether fishing a local lake or unfamiliar water, HOOK Reveal makes it easy to pinpoint key fishing areas like humps, drop-offs and ditches, with a built-in, high-detail C-MAP US Inland fishing map with 1-foot contours on nearly 4,000 lakes. Optional chart upgrades include C-MAP, C-MAP Genesis, Navionics® and more.

With HOOK Reveal, anglers can choose their preferred combination of display size, sonar type and navigation from TripleShot (High CHIRP, SideScan and DownScan Imaging) or SplitShot (High CHIRP and DownScan Imaging) transducers and mapping chartplotters or non-mapping GPS plotters.

Ranging in price from $299 to $799, HOOK Reveal started shipping in late December 2019. For more information on HOOK Reveal or other Lowrance products, visit www.lowrance.com.

[Linked Image]
0 13 Read More
GILL: New Benchmark in Foul Weather Gear LFF Staff 01/22/20 04:33 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

New Benchmark in Foul Weather Gear

Now available, GILL’s Pro Tournament 3L Jacket represents years of product development

Wind, waves, rain, sleet, and snow… There’s nothing more miserable than getting wet, cold, and clammy on the water. And while there is a myriad of rain suits on the market, few live up to their advertised comfort and protection.

Welcome GILL’s new Pro Tournament 3L, which represents years of product development and the greatest innovation in fishing jacket design in company history.

The remarkable jacket is the result of feedback from GILL’s distinguished team of pros and other trusted product testers across the globe – apparel designed and constructed to the most serious standards on the water. The 3-Layer jacket comes complete with kill cord attachment loops, adjustable Vortex® Hood System and reflective accents.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

First introduced as part of their original Tournament Jacket series, Gill’s imaginative Vortex Hood solves several issues faced by anglers and boaters. “Originally, we engaged with our team of pros who shared their issues. Many of them wear a baseball or trucker style cap, hoodie, and then the waterproof shell with the hood up. Hoods inflate, caps fly off, so, we got to work on developing a solution,” says Matt Clark, Product Development Director, GILL.

After designing numbers of different hood configurations in their U.K. product development office and shipping to the U.S. for testing, Gill ultimately settled on the current and incomparable Vortex Hood.

“The Vortex Hood has a three-channeled construction with air chutes built into the hood itself. One goes over the top of the head and exits at the rear of the collar, and two vents down the side of the hood and out through the collar. You get a slipstream effect, allowing air to enter the front and exit out the back.

“Look at it in aerospace terms. With an airplane wing you get the vortex effect when wind travels faster over the top of the curved surface. So, over the top of the Vortex Hood wind speed accelerates and the air is sucked out the back of the hood.”

[Linked Image]

Another significant feature of the new Pro Tournament 3L is its revolutionary fabric design, guaranteed to keep anglers dry no matter what harsh conditions they face.

“We’re introducing a new three-layer, all-in-one fabric system to sportfishing,” said Clark. “The system features a durable outer face that can put up with abrasions, scuffs and being worn in some tough conditions. And water just beads and rolls off it…

“The inner layer features the waterproof, breathable technology; the barrier that stops water coming in from the outside, which is very important as it allows the fabric to breathe and transport moisture away from the skin. When you’re out all day on the water, conditions can turn warm and humid, but it’s still wet enough where you need a waterproof jacket. So, breathability makes all the difference.”

[Linked Image]

Clark continues: “Lastly, you have the next to skin layer, a material that picks up moisture from the skin and starts the moisture transport process. It spreads moisture evenly across the fabric to dry much quicker.”

Features galore and Gill’s all-in-one, 3-layer fabric system make the Pro Tournament 3L Jacket the new benchmark in fishing raingear.

[Linked Image]

Pro Tournament 3L TECHNOLOGY:
  • Waterproof
  • Fully taped seams
  • Durable water repellent finish
  • 3-layer fabric construction
  • Reflective
  • Vortex hood

Pro Tournament 3L FEATURES/BENEFITS:
  • Vortex hood technology streams airflow to keep hood in place
  • 3-layer waterproof and breathable fabric
  • Adjustable double cuff with PU inner seal for watertight comfort
  • YKK Aquaguard front zip

The Pro Tournament 3L comes in two new colors (Graphite and Taupe) as well as sizing up to 4XL. It has an MSRP of $349.
To learn more about Gill’s fishing rainwear, apparel accessories visit www.gillfishing.com.

[Linked Image]
0 10 Read More
Lowrance Ghost Racks Up Best New Fishing Product at Big Rock Sporting Goods Show LFF Staff 01/22/20 04:15 PM

[Linked Image]

Ghost Racks Up Best New Fishing Product at Big Rock Sporting Goods Show

Lowrance®, a world-leader in fishing electronics since 1957, announced today that the newly released Ghost Freshwater Trolling Motor was recently selected as Best New Electronics – Marine and Best New Fishing Product at the Big Rock Sporting Goods Show. The recent awards add to the list of impressive accolades that Ghost has received in recent months, including Best in Show in the New Product Showcase at the Northern Wholesale Marine Show, the Designers Institute of New Zealand – Best Design Awards and the DAME – Design Award in the category ‘Machinery, Propulsion, Mechanical and Electrical Systems and Fittings’ at METSTRADE.

Big Rock Sports produces some of the larger trade shows in the sporting goods industry. New products, new vendors, new ideas and the right product mix for each regional market draws in more than 9,000 retailers and 900 manufacturers every year. The Big Rock awards were voted on by over 1,000 dealers, allowing Ghost to outpace the competition to take top honors in two categories with the same product.

At the Northeast Wholesale Show, Ghost competed against 31 other products to win Best in Show in the New Product Showcase award. It was the third consecutive year a Lowrance product has received the honor. Lowrance HDS Carbon won the New Product Showcase in 2017, and Elite Ti2 in 2018.

The Designers Institute of New Zealand – Best Design Awards is Australasia’s largest annual showcase of excellence across graphic interactive, motion design, product and spatial. On selecting Ghost, the judge's commented, “This technical tour de force lured the judges attention and reeled them in with its thoroughly considered and ergonomically resolved controls and comprehensively refined user experience. A world-class product deserving of Gold in this competitive sector.”

The DAME – Design Award is the most significant marine equipment competition of its kind. It is judged by a panel of top naval architects, boat, interior and industrial designers, plus user experts. On selecting Ghost, judges said, “Ghost appears to have had every last detail of its performance pored over by its designers, from the way it functions and the noise it emits, through to its programmable foot controller.”

“Our design team put their heart and soul into Ghost, and it’s thanks to their hard work and dedication that it has seen so much recognition,” said Knut Frostad, CEO, Navico. “We are so greatful for all of the judges, experts, media, dealers, anglers and our loyal customers who have been so supportive. We are looking forward to further triumphs in the years to come and the continued success of Ghost.”

Reliable, rugged and built to last, the new ultra-quiet Lowrance Ghost Freshwater Trolling Motor has a newly designed brushless motor with the most thrust and the longest run time of any trolling motor on the market, plus other benefits including integrated Lowrance sonar options, waypoint anchoring and an industry-leading three-year warranty. The combination of reliability, power, efficiency and quiet performance give Ghost a winning combination that ticks all the boxes for what anglers want in a premium trolling motor.

For more information on the Ghost Freshwater Trolling Motor or other Lowrance products, visit www.lowrance.com.

[Linked Image]
0 7 Read More
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Night Coffee alienfisherman 01/20/20 04:40 AM
[Linked Image]
0 23 Read More
Reelfoot TN Crappie Fishing Asleep At The Reel 01/19/20 08:56 PM
I had a great time fishing Reelfoot Lake in TN. The weather was great for one day then it went to pot, so I only got one day of fishing there and had to cancel my trip to MS at Lake Sardis. Got the pleasure of fishing with Tony Hughes who won the Lucas Oil American Crappie Trail National Championship on Lake D’Arbonne in Farmerville La. We had a blast and it was fun to get on a new lake and one that I had been to many times but never got to fish.

0 22 Read More
Saltwater Reports Jump to new posts
Jan 2020 Florida New Smyrna Daytona Beach Backcountry CaptMikeSavedow 01/16/20 01:46 PM
Winter 2020 is here with chilly water, regular “Florida” cold fronts coming through followed by north and west winds lowering our water levels and making the water nice and clear. East Central Florida winter conditions range from mild to chilly, during mild periods fish are more spread out through the backcountry along drop offs, in channels and in holes, a colder period after a strong cold front concentrates the fish more in a tighter schooling pattern. A couple cold water fish we are catching in winter are Bluefish and Sheepshead in addition to all the resident species which we catch year round, including Seatrout, Redfish, Snook, Black Drum, Mangrove Snapper and more. Artificial lures become a better bet with clear water, the fish in the back channels can see it from a longer distance making lures more effective than in our cloudy water of summer. Repeat client Josh from Australia and now Orlando caught this beautiful 30” Redfish on one of his “Aussie” soft plastics off a back country drop off at our first stop this morning ……………..

[Linked Image]

I even get to catch a fish every now and then, like this pretty Spotted Seatrout I got on a soft plastic lure during one of those chilly Florida winter mornings ……………

[Linked Image]

Florida Pompano are a less common member of the Atlantic Jack family which happen to be very good eating as well as super hard fighters as are all Jacks, young Matthew from Ohio with a beauty he caught with me recently ……………

[Linked Image]

Black Drum are a year around staple fish here in the back waters, most are school size ranging from 1 to 5 lbs. Always hard fighters with a spirited battle on light tackle for even the modest sized ones. Jackson from Ohio had a fun time with this one …………………

[Linked Image]

Little Amelia was out with her family with me on a recent trip, catching many different backcountry species as usual including a few good Pompano …………….

[Linked Image]

FUN FRIENDLY LIGHT TACKLE FISHING ADVENTURES
Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon Backcountry and Flats Fishing
CHILDREN ALWAYS WELCOME – FAIR PRICES
Near Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach, and Orlando, East Central Florida

CALL OR TEXT ME ANYTIME 386-689-3781
See my website https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com

Capt. Michael Savedow
Edgewater River Guide, Inc. Since 2003
386-689-3781
https://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com
0 42 Read More
A Great Ending To 2019 Asleep At The Reel 01/02/20 08:15 AM
I got to do one more fishing trip before the New Year came in. I caught some great got lost in a fog bank, put a hook through my glove and caught some slabs. Hope you enjoy.

0 71 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: clamp-on consoles /storage anytide 01/01/20 11:50 PM
58 66,997 Read More
Tournament Dates & Information Jump to new posts
La Poorman's 2020 schedule? Big Ave 01/01/20 10:43 PM
Anybody know about the 2020 schedule for the Louisiana Poormans trail?
0 66 Read More
Tournament Dates & Information Jump to new posts
Re: LA Poormans schedule 2019 Big Ave 01/01/20 10:40 PM
Does anybody know the schedule for La Poormans 2020?
1 1,277 Read More
© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide