Topics5,486
Posts48,963
Members1,970
Most Online1,455
May 4th, 2017
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Inshore Fishing Jump to new posts
Winter Fishing Gulf Coast Redfish Redfishcharterco Yesterday at 03:03 PM
The Redfish Charter Company has been catching great numbers of Redfish and it will only get better as winter approaches the Gulf Coast of Louisiana. We say winter in south Louisiana but everyone knows the temps are usually mild and beautiful days can be had on the water while fishing the marshes around Cocodrie. The Redfish get hungry as the water cools and can be caught using artificial lures such as spinners, spoons etc. I find however that jigs with plastics such as paddle tails or crawfish work best as you can slow them down, stop them on the bottom and get strikes. I like dark colors such as avocado with a red flake or motor oil either solid or with a red flake on a 1/4 ounce lead jig. The areas I’m targeting now for Redfish include oyster reefs and mud flats in 2 feet of water as the Reds will use these areas to feed and warm up when the sun comes out. That being said I avoid areas with strong currents on cold days especially.
Take a look at our photos from this weeks action and Check us out online folks The Redfish Charter Company to book a custom charter for your crew!
Capt Damien Melancon
Redfishcharterco.com
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 11 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
2019 Jeanneau Leader 10.5 WA Texas Coast Yachts 11/19/19 10:24 PM
Cuz, if you're looking for a nice offshore boat, look no further! We have brought on a new line of offshore boats that I wanted to share with you guys! This Jeanneau Leader 10.5WA is a 35 ft. walk around powered by twin Yamaha F350's, comes with bow thruster, AC, generator, twin berths, galley, full head with separate shower, Garmin electronics, sunpads out the ying-yang, and the list goes on and on! All for a price that will blow you away! Take a look at the pictures attached and give me a shout if you have any questions at Texas Coast Yachts! 281.339.7465 or casey@texascoastyachts.com. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 20 Read More
Crappie Fishing Jump to new posts
Fishing with Hook City TV (Parts 1 and 2) Asleep At The Reel 11/13/19 01:02 PM
I had the great pleasure of meeting Ken and Pops recently at Lake O The Pines and let me just say the fishing was good and Ken and Pops were awesome. Ken and I have talked for many months on the phone and Facebook but this was our first face to face meeting. Let me tell you, we had a GOOOOOOOD time. We fished, we joked talked noise to each other and all from different boats, well I talked most of it. Both Ken and Pops are outstanding guys with a great sense of humor and I am honored to call them friends. Check out Part 1 & 2. Part 2 is where Ken gets me back for talking the noise. Please like and subscribe and check out Hook City TV if you have not already. He will have his version coming out soon! Can’t wait to see it.

Part 1

Part 2
0 39 Read More
Fishing with The Guys From Hook City TV Asleep At The Reel 11/11/19 12:20 AM
I had the great pleasure of meeting Ken and Pops recently at Lake O The Pines and let me just say the fishing was good and Ken and Pops were awesome. Ken and I have talked for many months on the phone and Facebook but this was our first face to face meeting. Let me tell you, we had a GOOOOOOOD time. We fished 2 different boats but were close and talked a lot of noise to each other, well I talked most of it. These are standup guys. Check out Part 1 below and stay tuned next week for Part 2 which is even funnier. Part 2 is where Ken gets me back for talking the noise.

0 34 Read More
News & Announcements Jump to new posts
Lowrance Announces New HALO20+, HALO20 LFF Staff 11/07/19 04:49 PM
[Linked Image]

Lowrance Announces New HALO20+, HALO20

The Ultimate Picture from a Smaller Dome

Tulsa, Okla. – Lowrance®, a world-leader in fishing electronics since 1957, announced today the launch of HALO20+ and HALO20 radars – a pair of compact, pulse compression radome units that are perfectly designed for smaller fishing boats.

This new HALO series includes two models that cater to the differing needs of boaters. Both radars provide excellent detection with unrivalled short-range performance, while HALO20+ features the fastest RPM rotation on the market, VelocityTrack™, Dual Range operation and can detect targets from a greater distance than HALO20.

HALO20+ radar delivers a full 360-degree sweep every second, thanks to its industry-first 60 RPM rotation at ranges up to 1.5 nautical miles. These ultra-fast updates give anglers an almost real-time view at close range – offering the ultimate view for collision avoidance of fast-moving targets.

Ideal for a wide range of fishing boats, HALO20+ comes in a compact dome antenna and delivers high-quality short-, mid- and long-range detection. Anglers can monitor two distance ranges at once in Dual Range mode allowing them to keep an eye on distant weather cells, while watching for collision hazards nearby. HALO20+ radar’s pulse compression technology means no compromises in detection at either selected range, while beam sharpening provides enhanced separation between small or distant targets.

With HALO20+, anglers can identify hazards quickly with VelocityTrack Doppler technology, which delivers instant feedback on whether targets are coming toward you or moving away. Simple color coding highlights potential hazards, improving situational awareness and further reducing the risk of a collision. HALO20+ radar automatically checks every target in range, so there’s no need to manually select individual targets, and no limit to the number of targets on screen at one time.

HALO20 is a cost-effective solution for anglers to increase situational awareness and collision avoidance, detecting collision hazards and other targets nearby and up to 24 nautical miles away. With its small footprint and low profile, HALO20 is the perfect radar solution for more budget-conscious buyers with smaller fishing boats.

HALO20 radar also delivers a comprehensive range of features to enhance your situational awareness and on-water safety. Anglers can monitor selected collision hazards with MARPA target tracking, tracking up to 10 targets. Whether navigating through crowded waterways or contending with poor visibility, HALO20 radar cuts through the clutter to give anglers a clear and current picture of their surroundings.

“We are excited to extend the reach of our revolutionary HALO Radar technology to anglers with smaller center-console fishing boats,” said Knut Frostad, CEO, Navico Group. “These new HALO Radars make navigation safer and easier in low-visibility conditions, and have distinct features that cater to fishermen who crave top-end features, as well as those looking for high-performance radar at a more affordable price.”

Both HALO20+ and HALO20 radars offer MARPA Target Tracking, InstantOn™ technology and Harbor, Offshore, Weather, and custom modes that tune the radar’s advanced signal processing to help ensure that targets can be seen vividly – even in the toughest environmental conditions.

HALO20+, priced at $2,199, and HALO20, with a retail price of $1,699, are scheduled to start shipping in December 2019. For more information on HALO20+ and HALO20 radars, visit www.lowrance.com.
[Linked Image]
0 50 Read More
America's Boating Club Launches New Streamlined Website LFF Staff 11/06/19 02:29 PM
[Linked Image]

America's Boating Club Launches New Streamlined Website

Raleigh, N.C. – America’s Boating Club® announced today the launch of its new website. Designed to be a better resource for current and future members, the new website has been streamlined for easier navigation and a more intuitive page flow.

The culmination of a two-year re-branding campaign, the new website features a streamlined design that is compatible with color palette, fonts and messaging of concurrent digital advertising rollout. In addition to the updated look and feel, the new website delivers better context for course descriptions, improved site navigation and easier member login.

America’s Boating Club is an organization geared to all types of boaters at all levels. Membership gives boaters a home for their passion by increasing their enjoyment of boating, enhancing their skills and promoting a sense of community. With nationally recognized boating education that goes beyond the classroom and more than 340 local clubs located across the U.S., America’s Boating Club offers a wealth of opportunities that are highlighted in the dynamic new website.

“America’s Boating Club goes beyond the classroom to supply on-the-water training and an ongoing commitment to its members,” said Gary Cheney, chief commander, America's Boating Club. “When you join, the end of the course is just the beginning. Every local squadron has social and educational activities, provides member benefits and members frequently join a range of community events. With a great number of new members joining our organization, we are excited to update our look and feel to better convey all of that we have to offer.”

For over a hundred years, America’s Boating Club has provided unsurpassed boating safety and education. Offering classes For Boaters, By Boaters™ in boat handling, navigation, boat maintenance, weather and related subjects, America’s Boating Club serves as a community with activities for all types of recreational boaters. With over 25,000 members, America’s Boating Club is comprised of families who contribute to their communities by promoting safe boating through education.

To learn more about America’s Boating Club, please visit www.americasboatingclub.org.
0 39 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Spinnerbaits jigs4bass 11/06/19 02:00 PM
SPINNERBAITS : www.jigs4bass.com

A great bait with quality components …..
>Premium blades (from Worth) and the blades are balanced to the weight of the head. The head is powder painted and baked for durability and is of a baitfish design with 3D eyes.
>The frame is stainless steel and “R” bend for strength, flexibility and with maximum vibration.
> Premium full cut, 100% silicone skirt and is "wire tied" to prevent slippage and pull down.
>The premium blades are attached with a worth ball bearing swivel .. The gold standard for the industry.
>Available in weights:1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4 & 1 oz.
$4.99 each !

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Charge your purchases at www.jigs4bass.com to Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express in addition to PayPal and direct payment with money order or personal check. When you visit my store at www.jigs4bass.com take a minute and register….it will make your next order much easier. Thanks….Michael www.jigs4bass.com
0 71 Read More
Inshore Fishing Jump to new posts
Cold Front Redfish Cocodrie Louisiana Redfishcharterco 10/31/19 08:13 PM
The cool fronts are here now in Cocodrie louisiana with an average low of 50 to 60 degrees, most would say the temperature is mild and we are enjoying fall fishing in the marshes for 2019. This drop in temperatures from our recent highs of 90 degrees has triggered a feeding frenzy for Redfish, Trout, Drum, also Sheepshead as they move into the estuary to feast on shrimp and crabs. We’re catching fish using Carolina rigs fished on the bottom with cracked crab or shrimp placed in cuts with moving water usually a falling tide. Fresh shrimp and crab is readily available at local bait shops this time of year and people line the bayous of the area catching fish from the banks. Check us out online to book a custom fishing charter for your crew Redfishcharterco.com
Capt Damien Melancon
The Redfish Charter Company
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 84 Read More
Propspeed Introduces Foulfree Coating for Transducer LFF Staff 10/31/19 02:54 PM

Propspeed Introduces Foulfree Coating for Transducers

Leader in Underwater Coatings Ensures You’ll Never Clean Your Transducer Again

Auckland, New Zealand – Propspeed, leading innovator of underwater coatings, announced today the introduction of a revolutionary foul-release coating designed specifically for transducers – Foulfree. Designed by industry-leading engineers and designated by Airmar as a certified transducer coating, Foulfree releases marine growth, reducing the maintenance needed to keep transducers clean and streamlining water flow.

Fouling on the face of transducers can reduce their sensitivity, bottom-echo returns and positive fish targets. Transducers also perform best with minimal turbulence over their surface during operation. Foulfree is a specialized foul-release coating that is biocide-free and does not poison marine growth. Once cured, Foulfree forms a super-slippery surface over the transducer, preventing marine growth from attaching to its surface. Offering a long service life – it lasts a minimum of 12 months, with an even longer life span in cooler climates.

“Foulfree is an exciting new coating specifically made to enhance the performance of transducers,” said Chris Baird, CEO, Propspeed. “Bringing together our revolutionary product design and working with the experts in transducer functionality from Airmar, we are able to offer boaters around the world a new solution to an age-old problem and improve sonar performance for anglers and cruisers alike.”

Foulfree joins Propspeed’s award-winning product line which includes Propspeed an industry-leading foul-release system for propellers and running gear and the groundbreaking transparent foul-release coating specifically formulated for underwater lights, Lightspeed.

For more information on Foulfree, Propspeed or its industry-leading coatings, please visit www.oceanmax.com.

[Linked Image]
0 62 Read More
How I Made My Livescope Transducer Pole. Version 4.0 Asleep At The Reel 10/26/19 12:36 AM
Several have asked me how I made my transducer pole for Livescope so I made a video. I have been through many test phases, in fact up to version 3.9 the last go around. Think I have it now, thanks to Matt Xenos with Wired For Crappie on Youtube.

0 85 Read More
© 2011-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide