1 teaspoon vegetable oil
12 ounces smoked sausage, sliced ½-inch thick
6 chicken drumsticks
1 red onion, sliced into wedges
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1 red bell pepper, stemmed and sliced ½-inch thick
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes in their juice
2 cups chicken broth
Ό teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups frozen cut okra (from an 8-ounce package), thawed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the oil followed by the sausage and cook, stirring often, until well browned, about 7 minutes.
3. Transfer the sausage to a 4-quart slow cooker. Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper and add to the skillet used to cook the sausage.
4. Brown the drumsticks well on all sides, cooking about 5 minutes per side, then transfer to the slow cooker along with the onion, garlic, celery, bell pepper, tomatoes and juice, chicken broth, cayenne, okra, salt, and pepper.
5. Set the slow cooker to high and cook for 4-5 hours.
6. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
On average, your heart beats 100,000 times a day. One day, one of those heartbeats will be your last. Then what?
The answer is found in Jesus Christ who said "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~