32 Forums
4910 Topics
47003 Posts

Max Online: 1455 @ 05/04/17 04:22 AM
Topic Options
#36865 - 03/02/14 09:37 AM Unbelieveable day out of Hopedale
Bankingonit Offline
Green Horn

March 1, 2014...Hooked up the roughneck and headed out to Breton Sound Marina for another day of exploration of the marsh. Was directed to Lena Lagoon by the good folks at the Marina. Worked the south shore hard till 9am. Tagged 3 runt reds. No bait activity so I headed up to Stump.
Stump Lagoon - Fished the potholes along the south shore - tagged a few sizeable reds. Oystermen were working the island so I headed up crooked bayou.
Tagged one small trout between Stump and Muscle. Couldn't locate any schools or surface action so I followed two boats up Crooked Bayou to a pond just before Lake Eugene.
The Pond - The tide was still falling. While working the potholes I spotted a school of reds tearing up a marsh drainage. Tried every color of matrix shad and vudu shrimp without a bump. Grabbed the spoon rod and all hell broke loose. Two blisters, 2 spools of line, 3 gold spoons, 9 bull reds, 5 tags and 2 26 inchers later I polled my way out of the pothole exhausted.
What a day on the water it was...Sight casting to bull reds was a dream come true for this new kid on the block. My neighbor BBQ'ed two nice filets to die for when I got home. He'll be cooking up the other two filets tonight Italian style (my mouth is watering in anticipation)
Sorry no pics - I'll buy a camera after respooling two reels and buying a fresh supply of gold spoons.
Gold spoons caught everything - nothing on plastics.
Today my shoulders and arms are sore as hell - wonderfully so.
Lee Wulff once wrote "A good gamefish is too valuable to be caught only once".

Edited by Bankingonit (03/02/14 09:39 AM)

#36877 - 03/03/14 08:43 AM Re: Unbelieveable day out of Hopedale [Re: Bankingonit]
lakewaydr50 Offline

Loc: East Texas
Now this is the way I like to fish! Post some pics if you have any........You can do it through Photobucket.com..

Edited by lakewaydr50 (03/03/14 08:44 AM)
Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

#36904 - 03/04/14 05:58 PM Re: Unbelieveable day out of Hopedale [Re: Bankingonit]
mitzbob Online   content
LFF Captain

Loc: shreveport
up

#37066 - 03/20/14 09:11 PM Re: Unbelieveable day out of Hopedale [Re: Bankingonit]
Hopedale Offline
Outdoorsman

Originally Posted By: Bankingonit
March 1, 2014...Hooked up the roughneck and headed out to Breton Sound Marina for another day of exploration of the marsh. Was directed to Lena Lagoon by the good folks at the Marina. Worked the south shore hard till 9am. Tagged 3 runt reds. No bait activity so I headed up to Stump.
Stump Lagoon - Fished the potholes along the south shore - tagged a few sizeable reds. Oystermen were working the island so I headed up crooked bayou.
Tagged one small trout between Stump and Muscle. Couldn't locate any schools or surface action so I followed two boats up Crooked Bayou to a pond just before Lake Eugene.
The Pond - The tide was still falling. While working the potholes I spotted a school of reds tearing up a marsh drainage. Tried every color of matrix shad and vudu shrimp without a bump. Grabbed the spoon rod and all hell broke loose. Two blisters, 2 spools of line, 3 gold spoons, 9 bull reds, 5 tags and 2 26 inchers later I polled my way out of the pothole exhausted.
What a day on the water it was...Sight casting to bull reds was a dream come true for this new kid on the block. My neighbor BBQ'ed two nice filets to die for when I got home. He'll be cooking up the other two filets tonight Italian style (my mouth is watering in anticipation)
Sorry no pics - I'll buy a camera after respooling two reels and buying a fresh supply of gold spoons.
Gold spoons caught everything - nothing on plastics.
Today my shoulders and arms are sore as hell - wonderfully so.
Lee Wulff once wrote "A good gamefish is too valuable to be caught only once".

Man, I just had flash backs. Goodones, and I know every spot you're talking about.

Any pics?

© 2011-2017 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide