SR025 1041
Forum Stats
1900 Members
32 Forums
4910 Topics
47003 Posts

Max Online: 1455 @ 05/04/17 04:22 AM
Topic Options
#36505 - 01/26/14 09:19 AM Went looking @ boats again yesterday and...........
lakewaydr50 Offline

Loc: East Texas
..........I guess I've been away from serious fishing so long I'm going psychotic. This one was speaking to me....It was whispering "please take me home"......a TZX195 Skeeter.......
Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

#36532 - 01/29/14 12:48 AM Re: Went looking @ boats again yesterday and........... [Re: lakewaydr50]
Savage50 Offline
Green Horn

Loc: Westlake
good looking boat

#36542 - 01/30/14 05:12 AM Re: Went looking @ boats again yesterday and........... [Re: Savage50]
lakewaydr50 Offline

They sold this one over the weekend @ the boat show.......
Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

#36570 - 02/02/14 08:07 AM Re: Went looking @ boats again yesterday and........... [Re: lakewaydr50]
lakewaydr50 Offline

I went to the Dallas Boat Show yesterday and there were only 2 exhibitors selling bass boats. This show used to have tons of Bass boats, every major brand represented, that just shows how much our sport has lost ground due to the price of bass boats going up so much. I talked to the Skeeter regional rep yesterday and he reaffirmed what I already knew, fiberglass boats in general have gone up because almost everything in them is a product of petroleum oil which has pretty much tripled in the past 8 years.
I did see something else that blew my mind, folks are still dropping $40k plus for a boat and it looked like there was a ton of interest in this new niche and lots of boats on display. The new emerging trend seems to be the luxury party barge. We looked at those as well. They were equipped with everything under the sun including a full functional bar, a mini galley, BBQ grill, bathrooms and showers, etc.....if my wife saw this there might not be a bass boat in my future......
Plano Marine displaying Skeeters; they have the best deal so far on the TZX195, and Fish and Ski Marine which was showing Legends, way beyond my budget......anybody know when the Shreveport/Bossier show is? I need to go see H&W Marine as well.......Hope I'm ridin' and grinnin' by the end of May.........

Edited by lakewaydr50 (02/02/14 08:34 AM)

#36837 - 02/27/14 10:23 AM Re: Went looking @ boats again yesterday and........... [Re: lakewaydr50]
RROD Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Deville, Louisiana
I have a Skeeter TZX190 with a Yamaha 175. It's a great boat for me. Some have had issues, but I have really had nothing to gripe about. I has a large front deck, good storage, handles very good and will turn on a dime like it's on rails. It will run about 64-65 with the 175.
Mine was optioned out pretty well and has a tandem axle trailer too.

The TZX 195 is a foot longer, but will suffer a little with the 175 HP rating. No reason why it should not be 200, but there would then be no separation from the ZX200 which does have a 200 rating.
The TZX 195 has the more traditional closed transom and aluminum deck grid system, whereas the TZX190 has a splashwell transom and no deck grid. I am really not sure there is alot to be gained by the deck grid system anyway, for the average user. Starting in 2013 Skeeter started putting JP's on the TZX190 and in 2014 continued with the TZX195. Mine is a 2012, but I had my dealer install my JP before I took delivery. For a while, I think I was the only one with a JP on a TZX. Then in 2013 Skeeter made standard a 6" JP on the TZX 190. Now many of my friends that have the 2012 TZX190 have had dealer installed JP's put on and have reckognized a performance increase.

Edited by RROD (02/27/14 10:26 AM)

#36838 - 02/27/14 10:39 AM Re: Went looking @ boats again yesterday and........... [Re: RROD]
RROD Offline
Outdoorsman

Heres a picture of mine.........

#36845 - 02/28/14 02:37 PM Re: Went looking @ boats again yesterday and........... [Re: lakewaydr50]
lakewaydr50 Offline

RROD beautiful bug, one of the local dealers has two TZX 195's in this color combo. I hope to have one bought by the end of May. I'm looking @ these and some new old stock 2011, 2012, and 2013 ZX 225's, ZX200's, and ZX20's........ Used rigs too! I came to Texas from West Monroe in 91 to turn pro @ bass fishing and shut it down in 2000 to raise my family. I want to take one more shot at it and I'm thinking about coaching a high school bass fishing team as well........

#36846 - 02/28/14 03:09 PM Re: Went looking @ boats again yesterday and........... [Re: lakewaydr50]
RROD Offline
Outdoorsman

Good Hunting on your boat.
One thing though.....Be sure your feel good about the dealer selling you the boat. A dealer will make or break your experience with a new or new/old stock. I expressly told my dealer to keep my boat as long as they needed to to make sure everything was correct. I did not want to be driving back into town (25 miles) for every little detail. The only thing that was a problem was Skeeter had put the wrong prop on my motor. When I brought it in for it's first service, they changed my lower unit fluid and recirculated the hydraulic steering and that has been it. A few others had some poor dealer service and got thier chains yanked and that made thier experience bad and they had complaints against Skeeter. The dealer is key. The boat, motor and trailer will be what it's going to be from the dealer, good or bad, depending on the dealer themselves.
I am headed out to the camp now for the weekend to prep the boat and my gear for the tournament in the morning. I'll post up a repeort next week.

#36851 - 02/28/14 08:21 PM Re: Went looking @ boats again yesterday and........... [Re: RROD]
lakewaydr50 Offline

Originally Posted By: RROD
Good Hunting on your boat.
One thing though.....Be sure your feel good about the dealer selling you the boat. A dealer will make or break your experience with a new or new/old stock. I expressly told my dealer to keep my boat as long as they needed to to make sure everything was correct. I did not want to be driving back into town (25 miles) for every little detail. The only thing that was a problem was Skeeter had put the wrong prop on my motor. When I brought it in for it's first service, they changed my lower unit fluid and recirculated the hydraulic steering and that has been it. A few others had some poor dealer service and got thier chains yanked and that made thier experience bad and they had complaints against Skeeter. The dealer is key. The boat, motor and trailer will be what it's going to be from the dealer, good or bad, depending on the dealer themselves.
I am headed out to the camp now for the weekend to prep the boat and my gear for the tournament in the morning. I'll post up a repeort next week.
I've had one bad experience with a dealer so far. The dealer I bought my Nitro from really got under my skin. I backed over a submerged T-post and knock a chip out of the gelcoat where the transom meets the pad on the starboard side. The chip was just about 3/8" wide and about an inch long but all the way through to the first layer of fiberglass. I called my insurance agent and told them what happened and they told me to get an estimate to get it fixed they'd cut me a check so I did through my dealer since it was just a few months old, I called the dealer and asked if they could handle the transaction, they could do it and they said no problem....so I carried it to them, I think I got the estimate the next day and a check soon after that so the repair was underway.
It rocked on for a couple of weeks and I called to check on it and it wasn't ready; 2 more weeks same thing, then every week or two for about 3 months and still nothing. Then one day I got a mechanics lean notice in the mail on my boat. I about exploded when I read it and realized what it was, it was from a fiberglass shop that the dealer had farmed my boat out to. The boat had been ready to pick up two days after I took it to the dealer and had been sitting at this fiberglass shop fully repaired for 3 months. Needless to say I was furious when I found out what happened. That dealer went out of business not to long after that incident.......

Edited by lakewaydr50 (02/28/14 08:29 PM)

#36871 - 03/02/14 11:15 PM Re: Went looking @ boats again yesterday and........... [Re: lakewaydr50]
RROD Offline
Outdoorsman

That is a bad one. Hard to understand why a dealer would put themselves in such a position. Was this a Bass Pro Dealer or a private dealer?

#36876 - 03/03/14 08:40 AM Re: Went looking @ boats again yesterday and........... [Re: RROD]
lakewaydr50 Offline

Fin and Feather Marine out of Mesquite, Texas......They were just a regular boat dealer selling mostly pleasure boats and Tracker/Nitro was their fishing line.....They shut down as soon as the first BPS store; which is in Grapevine, opened in the DFW metro area.....
I might be able to make a deal on a new ZX20 with the 250SHO 4 stroke. I saw one this weekend that was real close to what my high end spending limit is. Just wish the rest of the planets would line up for me to put my next boat deal together......I was going to have to limit my self to a 19 footer or smaller so I could fit it in my garage but for now it looks like I'll have a new shop built next to my house by this time next month that will hold any length boat I want to put in it........

#36887 - 03/03/14 06:59 PM Re: Went looking @ boats again yesterday and........... [Re: lakewaydr50]
RROD Offline
Outdoorsman

Check with "fishnbuds" over on the TFF. He has a ZX20 with a 250 SHO. He really likes it. He just bought a fishing tool holder from me a couple weeks back. Thats how I met him. Great guy.

© 2011-2017 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide